PODCAST: Preserving the Holy Word of God in Space: Part One
Total 2019 Lecture Count:
You may also: Download the MP3 File (16 MB / 16 minutes)
More lectures, photos and resources: CLICK HERE
Collect. Exhibit. Educate.
Hello. My name is Frank DeFreitas ... and my wife is Debi.
Throughout history, many of the world's top artists, scientists and technicians have proclaimed Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour through their God-given talents. Wonders of the Bible collects these pieces. Our unique, private family collection documents how the Word of God gets to us ... through visual arts, science and communication technologies: past, present and future.
We come to you! We are a Christian mom-and-pop, knowledge-based, educational outreach ministry. We provide a visiting program that includes exciting and unique tabletop displays, along with a PowerPoint presentation ... at your location (PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD). Many of our historical exhibit items are either very rare or one of a kind, and should be seen by every man, woman and child this side of heaven!
The Foundation is always the Word of God."Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." Colossians 2:8 (KJV).
Wonders of the Bible includes the following displays. They showcase how God's sovereign hand has maintained -- and will continue to maintain -- the preservation of His Holy Word...
(above photo): Yes, that's right ... you're reading John 3:16 ... before it was ever known as John 3:16 ! As with many very early printed Bibles, this William Tyndale New Testament included chapter numbers, but did not include verse numbers. Oh, by the way: Tyndale was strangled and burned at the stake in 1536 for what you just read above. See (and learn) about this rare and extraordinary page of Biblical history, at one of our exhibits and presentations.
Bibles, Bibles, Bibles...
Verbum Domini Manet in Aeternum
Our updated (as of December 2019) Bible leaves (pages) collection. Note that these are all authentic, not reproductions:
• AD 700 Coptic papyrus fragment (Egypt / non-Biblical)
• 1260 medieval Gothic manuscript on vellum (Paris / Biblia Sacra)
• Selected Biblical Incunabula (pre 1500 printing press)
• 1550 Stephanus Greek "Textus Receptus"
• Martin Luther Bible
• Tyndale New Testament / John 3 (Jugge, 1566)
• Matthew-Tyndale Bible ("John Rogers" 1549 edition)
• 1569 Bishop's Bible
• Great Bible (Cranmer/Coverdale; 1569 Final Edition)
• Geneva Bible (1580)
• 1611 King James (First Edition / First Printing)
• The 1657 London Polyglot
• 1716 Baskett "Vinegar" Bible (largest single volume Bible)
• Theodore Beza New Testament
• 1569 Biblia Del Oso "Bear Bible" (Casiodoro de Reina; the first Spanish language Protestant Bible; First Edition)
• 1620 Josephus English Translation (commentary on Genesis 6)
The Bible in America:
Our updated (as of November 2019) Bible leaves (pages) collection. Note that these are all authentic, not reproductions:
• Robert Aitken Bible (The first and only edition of the Bible ever endorsed by Congress. In 1782, Congress passed a resolution stating: "That the United States in Congress assembled highly approve ...and recommend this edition of the bible to the inhabitants of the United States, and hereby authorize him to publish this recommendation...")
• Christoph Saur Bible (Germantown: first German Bible in America; first Bible printed with all U.S. materials: type, ink, paper, printing press)
• Isaiah Thomas (1788 U.S. Hieroglyphic Bible; Massachusetts; one of 88 books designated by the U.S. Library of Congress' "Books That Shaped America")
• 1791 Isaac Collins (Born in Delaware; First American "Family Bible"; first Bible printed in New Jersey)
• WWII Troop Bible (New Testament given to WWII troops with Bible letter from US President Franklin Roosevelt)
• Gutenberg Bible page from the U.S. Library of Congress authorized reprinting (facsimile) of their Gutenberg Bible on display
• A fully-working, all-wooden, scale reproduction of a colonial America printing press
The World's Smallest...
Mixed in with our Bible leaf exhibit are microscopes and magnifying glasses showing examples of the world's smallest Biblical scripture and art. See the world's smallest Lord's Prayers, Ten Commandments, Greek New Testament, along with examples written entirely by hand. There's even an example from the world-famous inventor Thomas Edison! This is one of the finest collections of Biblical "world's smallest" in the world today. Why? Because many pieces are one-of-a-kind ... so no one else in the entire world has them.
Lasers! Holograms! ...
We have one of the largest collections of laser and hologram history in the world today (which, at one time, was well over 20,000 pieces). You'll love our 3D laser holograms, and our laser communication exhibit. It is our 35+ years of authority with lasers and holograms that sets us apart from every other Christian-based ministry on the planet. Many of today's laser / optical / photonic scientists, technicians, and educators began as my students at the Franklin Institute in Philly, the Smithsonian in D.C., or at my own laser and holography studio/lab workshops in Allentown, PA. See world-famous holograms, including Biblical artifacts, as if they were right in front of you. They are created by myself and others:
• The Cyrus Cylinder
• Babylonian Cuneiform Flood Tablet
• The Great Chalice of Antioch
• Epic of Gilgamesh Flood Tablet #11
• 3D Face in the Shroud
• Holograms of God's Creation
• Holy Scripture Transmitted on Laser Beam
Shroud of Turin...
Whether you believe the Shroud of Turin is authentic or not, it remains the most-studied and tested historical artifact in world history. Especially when it comes to the history of photographic and holographic imaging technologies. For this reason, we have collected various items related to the Shroud. We have a full-size shroud replica; one of the earliest officially certified photographs (1898) taken by Secondo Pia (the photo that started it all); and the famous "face in the shroud", large-format 3D laser hologram.
And Don't Miss ...
• 1881 handwritten sermon page from Charles H. Spurgeon
• Dead Sea Scroll fragments (replicas: Israel Antiquities Authority)
• Ancient Torah scroll of the Creation account and the Flood
• Scale model of Noah's Ark according to Biblical dimensions
• Ancient wood from Noah's Ark expedition to the summit of Mt. Ararat
• A Rembrandt etching from his Life of Christ series
• Biblical historic coins and currency
• Elvis Presley's "Life of Christ" title page from his personal library at Graceland
• Kids "Touch the Moon": Very popular and liked by kids of all ages. A real lunar meteorite (NWA 5000). How many kids can say that they touched the moon?! The moon is God's Creation too!
• ... AND MORE.
We would love to visit your church, school or home school groupNo group is too large or too small. We can completely customize your exhibit (we have been at both large museums, and small gatherings in homes). We serve all of eastern PA (Philly, Lehigh Valley, Lancaster, Reading, Harrisburg, Wilkes-Barre and Scranton), New Jersey (north and south), New York City (and all surrounding boroughs and counties), Delaware, Maryland and DC. Some of our recent events include: Eastern Christian Conference, Hershey, Pennsylvania; The Institute for Scientific and Biblical Research, Lancaster, Pennsylvania; The New York Hall of Science, New York City, New York; The Creation Evidence Museum, Glen Rose, Texas; The Smithsonian, Washington, D.C.; Creation Celebration Conference 2017 and 2018, Newark, Delaware; Scientific and Biblical Creationist Fellowship, Newark, Delaware; Ephrata Mennonite School, Ephrata, Pennsylvania; New York Microscopical Society, Clinton, New Jersey ... and more. We would love to visit with you! We stand firmly on Biblical creationism, inerrancy, perspicuity and authority. θεόπνευστος (theopneustos): "God-breathed."
Click or tap here to link to this web page: